DRONECAGE for DJI Phantom 4 Series
DRONECAGE is designed to take hits, bumps and knocks. It means you can fly your DJI Phantom 4 indoors, in hard to reach places and confined spaces. Now you can inspect and survey safe in the knowledge that your drone is protected with the most cost effective professional solution on the market.
DRONECAGE is made from high quality carbon fibre materials, which are lightweight and strong. This means you'll get maximum flight time from your drone whilst keeping it protected. DRONECAGE is to install and use.
- DJI Phantom 4 (all models)
Carrying its own protective frame, Elios is collision-tolerant. This means you can access the tightest spaces without any risk of crashing. No need to focus on avoiding obstacles, Elios bounces off and roll on them to find its way. You can fly close or even in direct contact with humans without any risks of injuries.
The protective frame of Elios is no ordinary one. It is decoupled on three axes from the inner frame – the drone – using a gimbal mechanism. This ingenious decoupling mechanism is what allows Elios to remain stable in the event of a collision.
- Type: Quadcopter configuration
- Dimensions: Fits in < 400mm sphere
- Motors: 4 electic brushless motors
- Propellers: 4 propellers, 5 inches
- Take-Off Weight: 700gm incl. battery, payload & protection
- Flight Time: Up to 10mins
- Max Climb Rate: 1.5 m/s (in normal mode), 2.5 m/s (in pro mode)
- Max Air Speed: 6.5 m/s (in normal mode), 9 m/s (in pro mode)
- Wind Resistance: Max 5 m/s (in pro mode)
- Flight Sensors: IMU, magnetometer, barometer
- Materials: Carbon fiber composites, magnesium alloy, aeronautical grade aluminium, high quality thermoplastics
- Operation Temp: 0 to 50°C
Right Sized Light & Robust.
- Elios’ protective frame is made up of carbon fiber covered with a soft coating. It can sustain collisions, evenly, all around the drone at a speed reaching up to 4 m/s.
- Built with modular subcomponents it eases the maintenance process and offers openings large enough to fit one’s hand and access the battery container or SD card compartments.
- Spherical, the protective frame comes in one size only. With a diameter just below 400 mm, it is slightly smaller than the smallest standard manhole.
Elios embeds a full HD camera, a thermal camera, and an on-board LED lighting system with a remotely adjustable intensity. Once you have reached the most inaccessible places, you have all the tools on board to take the best possible shot in nearly any lighting conditions.
Rotating Head Full HD Camera
Mounted on a rotatable head the cameras can capture images looking above and below the drone. The full HD camera offers a total field of view of 215º and a horizontal field of view of 130º while the thermal camera offers a total vertical field of view of 42º and a horizontal field of view of 56º.
When inspecting and exploring pitch dark environments the onboard LED lighting system becomes very useful. Preventing the need for any additional external lighting, it lights up the scene in all the directions you may be looking.
When flying in contact with a surface, Elios can gather close-up images with a sub-millimeter resolution of 0.2 mm/px. The camera video stream is recorded on board, on an SD card housed in the payload head. It is also streamed to the pilot at a lower resolution.The Full HD camera offers a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 30 frames per second and performs well in low light. Automatically corrected by default, the Exposure Value (EV) of the captured images can also be remotely adjusted, from the ground station
Seeing beyond what a human can see may be crucial in many cases. Detecting a crack that is invisible can help to anticipate potential major degradations. Detecting a body in very poor lighting conditions can simply save lives.
The intensity of the 5 arrays of high-efficiency LEDs providing even lighting in front, top, and bottom of the robot, can be adjusted remotely using the ground station.
When changing the pitch angle of the camera head, the light beam is adapted, always providing the right lighting.
The accesory that goes the extra mile. Deploy the Range Extender easily everywhere and keep control of Elios beyond obstacles. Bring peace of mind and comfort to all your operations.
How It Works
By placing the remote control antennas in a better location, closer to the drone, it is possible to extend the range of the drone.
In environments such as underground galleries, stacks or mines, signal propagation can be limited by the geometry of the place to inspect and remotely operating a robot becomes difficult
Because they are made of concrete, sewers tend to absorb the energy of radio control signals. If the pilot stands at the surface next to the shaft of the sewer, the propagation of the signal is very limited and so is the range of the drone.
By deploying the Range Extender down the shaft of the sewer, the pilot can control the drone from the surface. This prevents the need for he pilot to expose himself to risks or uncomfortable situations.
The entry of workers into dangerous enclosed spaces is one of the key benefits of Elios but sometimes the material used to build the asset of interest pertrubates signal propagation.
By deploying the Range Extender inside the hazardous area, the pilot can operate Elios, from the outside in any situation, with peace of mind as the drone will always fly within reach of the signal.